Photo tour for the Polar Lights!
Murmansk – Teriberka – Murmansk
Winter photo tour round the northernmost region of the European part of Russia. Murmansk — Lodeinoye (New Teriberka) — Teriberka — Murmansk. The main purpose of our trip is a hunt for the polar lights. The polar lights are especially beautiful this time of year in these places. The unique landscapes of the Russian North, the Barents Sea, freezed up waterfalls and lakes. The route will let you at an easy pace immerse yourself in the atmosphere of severe nature of the North, to see the polar lights and enjoy this unusual and very beautiful atmospheric phenomena, get impressions and memories that will for sure ask you to return back…
- Are you anxious for seeing the beauty of the Russian North?
- Do the polar lights seem to you something eternally beautiful and distant?
- Have never been to the Arctic circle?
- Have no idea, how people live, when they see polar night in the window constantly?
- Haven’t had a chance to meet a taliped bear or a glutton?
- Have never drunk crab – favored vodka and hold in your hands the claws of this imposing inhabitant of the sea depths?
- Haven’t even once rested at the resorts of the Arctic Circle?
- Do you want to take photos which will be admired by the desk editors of the National Geographic?
Then join us!
Arrival in Murmansk. Meeting at the airport or at the railway station. The bus trip to Teriberka (the trip takes about 3.5 hours, 120 km). On the way you can see how the landscape changes with distance from the city. Less and less of trees, more and more of bald mountains, lakes and fields with boulders…Arrival in Teriberka. Check-in at the hotel. Acquaintance with the group, walk through the village of Lodeinoye.
The whole of the day is devoted to photo shooting and observing of the village of Lodeinoye( New Teriberka), its surrounding areas and the ship buring place. The salty air, silence and the feeling of Post-Apocalypse will be your constant companions. Curiously enough, but you’ll feel the amazing magic of this place. Disused shipyard and workshops, fishermen’s artels, a fish processing plant, and at the same time, the functioning Church built in one of the former houses.
We see round the coastlines of the Barents Sea and two nearby lakes. Nobody would stay indifferent when looking at landscapes and the special aspects of the shore. Huge platforms and gigantic boulders, fields of multi-colored moss and the wash, breaking on the rocks below… Paradise for the photographer-landscaper and a depositary of the fresh sea air that you’ll never get enough and try to carry in yourself.
Observation of the amazing north waterfall formed at the edge of the Barents Sea. We walk on the hills, bold mountains and passes. Study the powder — guns for the coastal defense preserved from the times of the Great Patriotic War.
Old Teriberka and its surrounding area. The film «Leviathan» was shot there, and every year hundreds of boats arrive here in hope for a good catch of codfish, and here also simple people live.
Check-out from the hotel and transfer to Murmansk. Walk around the city with viewing of the central streets and sights. We will visit the memorial complex built in memory of the sailors deceased at different times, including the wheelhouse of the sunk NUMC «Kursk», the hill where a monument to the soldier «Alyosha» is erected (a large memorial Park devoted for the defenders of the Arctic Circle). For a walk around the city it is recommended to have comfortable promenade or sports shoes, as rises and come-downs will be quite often. Visiting of the atomic ice-breaker Lenin. Free time. You can taste seafood and local beer “Kola Golden”.
!!! Observation of the polar lights and its shooting takes place every day and on the weather conditions !!!
Dates of the tour: November 24th – 30th, 2018
Duration: 7 days
Group: up to 10 people
Price: 550 USD
The price of the tour includes:
1. Stay in the hotel 4* in the last day of the tour in Murmansk ( two-bed rooms) with breakfast;
2. Transfer Murmansk – Teriberka- Murmansk;
3. Stay in Teriberka in the hotel with all the conveniences (two-bed rooms). Food: breakfast, lunch, dinner;.
4. Medical insurance;
The price of the tour doesn’t include:
1. Flight (transpass) to Murmansk and back;
2. Personal expenses (alcohol , phone calls and etc.);
3. Other services, not mentioned in the tour program.
Warm air impermeable jacket with hood;
track ankle boots;
warm cap, ski masks; warm sport trousers; hygiene items; thermos for 1 liter, a forehead torch; sun glasses; caring lipstick, sunscreen agent, gumboots or comfortable closed shoes to walk in the lake-water
Conditions of participation and reservation:
To take part you must:
- confirm you participation in any suitable form;
- sign the Agreement with LLC Tourist Agency “The Time for Discoveries”;
- make advanced payment in sum 30% of reservation price within 7 days from the time of signing of the Agreement*;
- pay the sum left not later than 21 days before the first day of the tour*
* The participant has the right to pay the total sum at once after signing of the Agreement. *
Write us! We’ll answer all your questions and give you a full advice on our tours!