Baikal… This name attracts even those who have never seen its beauty in the photos. Magic! We invite you to our Baikal Tour in the most picturesque season — when the legendary transparent ice glitters under your feet, the grottoes are filled with crystal chandeliers of the purest water, and sunrises and sunsets are rich in all shades of life! The colors and shades of the magical winter Baikal will not leave anyone indifferent, and shamans and mystical secrets of these places will preserve this corner of Russia forever in your heart!
Join our annual tour to winter Baikal!
Irkutsks — Olkhon Island (village Khuzhir) — Irkutsk
You will see
• Legendary transparent ice, the largest ice rink in the world
• «Crystal» grottoes of multi-level chandeliers formed by the water frozen in caves
• Fantastic sunrises and sunsets
• Unique landscapes
• Patterns created by the air trapped inside the frozen water
• Places of worship of Shamanism and Buddhism followers
• Bottomless starry sky overhead
• How to prepare fish soup from omul on the ice
• And many many other amazing things…
Day 1 (February 23)
Meeting at the airport. Transfer from Irkutsk to Olkhon Island (Baikal). On the way you can take pictures of the local landscape and small herds of horses (if we are lucky to meet them). Lunch in a cafe. If there is no official ice crossing, the crossing to the island is carried out on a hovercraft.
Accommodation in a guesthouse, rooms with all amenities, double occupancy.
Walk to Cape Burhan (Shamanka rock) to meet the sunset and the first acquaintance with the legendary transparent ice. Dinner. Night at the hotel.
Day 2 (February 24):
Village Khuzhir – Cape Sagan-Khushun (Three Brothers) – Cape Khoboy – Belenkyi (white) Island – Krokodilchik (little crocodile) island – village Khuzhir.
If someone has the desire – meeting sunrise on the Shamanka rock. Breakfast and departure from the hotel according to the following itinerary: Khuzhir village – Lev (Lion) island – Krokodilchik (little crocodile) island – Cape Sagan-Khushun (Three Brothers) – Cape Khoboy – Khuzhir village. Lunch in the fresh air. Watching the sunset Cape Khoboy. Return to the hotel around 20: 00. Dinner. Night at the hotel.
Day 3 (February 25)
Khuzhir — Ogoy Island — Mare’s head — Khuzhir
Meeting sunrise by Ogoy Island. Visit to the Buddhist Stupa of Enlightenment on the top of the island, granting peace and fulfilling desires. Return to the hotel. Breakfast. In the morning, walk around the village and the surrounding area. Khuzhir is the largest village on the island, with wide streets and quite interesting local life style. It is a settlement, which exists detached from real time, and only small, modern guesthouses allow you to remember that we are in the twenty-first century. Optional purchase of smoked fish, both cold and hot smoked. Lunch. Departure to the sunset meeting on Mare’s head Evening photo shooting of the cave. Return to the hotel around 21:00-22:00. Dinner. Night at the hotel.
Day 4 (February 26)
Khuzhir – South part of Olkhon Island – Khuzhir.
Breakfast. Departure to the bays of the southern end of Olkhon to observe methane bubbles frozen in the water. Visit to the Trident rocky mountains. Observation of viewpoints on the Big Sea. Lunch. Visit to the secret Bay with the purest transparent ice. We see off the sunset at the caves of Cape Shebet. Return to the hotel. Dinner.
Day 5 (February 27)
Khuzhir-Uzury- Kharantsy Island -Khuzhir
At 06: 00 departure from the hotel, meeting the dawn in Uzury, Breakfast in nature, a trip to Cape Three Brothers, Cape Hoboy. Lunch in the fresh air. Sunset meeting in a cave on Harants. There we admire the grottoes with numerous ice flows and caves of various sizes in which you can stand up to your full height; we will climb to the top and marvel at the open spaces Return to the hotel around 20: 00. Dinner. Night at the hotel.
Day 6 (February 28)
9.30 – departure from the base in Khuzhir and transfer to Irkutsk. Arrival in Irkutsk approximately at 16.00, check-in at the hotel. Night at the hotel.
Day 7 (February 29):
Breakfast at the hotel; check out of the hotel, transfer to the airport.
PRICE: 95 000 ₽
The price includes:
1. Accommodation at the base (recreation center) of the village Khuzhir (2-bed rooms) and accommodation in a 3* hotel in Irkutsk. Each room has a bathroom (toilet, sink, shower), two single beds, bedside tables, wardrobe, table, refrigerator, TV, kettle. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner;
2. Transfer Irkutsk – Khuzhir – Irkutsk;
3. Excursions according to the program;
The Price DOES NOT include:
1. Transfer to Irkutsk and back;
2. Meals during the car part of the tour (first and final days)
3. Personal expenses (alcohol and soft drinks, phone calls etc.);
4. Other services not provided within the Tour Program.
Write to us! We will be delighted to provide you with the most detailed information on our tours and offer a discount for early booking!